Mission: The Osa Foundation is a family foundation committed to helping individuals from under-resourced communities achieve their full potential. We do this by investing in organizations that reflect our values as they create Opportunities, offer targeted Support and improve Access to resources.
Values: The Osa Foundation’s work is grounded in the following:
- Self-reliance: We value the dignity of hard work and consider self-reliance and sustainability to be the ultimate goal of our philanthropy.
- Equality: We believe that every person should have access to the resources needed to pursue and achieve their goals.
- Tolerance: We value and respect the diversity in our society.
- Innovation: We value critical, original thinking and creative problem solving.
- Integrity: We value honesty and transparency: accordingly we endeavor to conduct our work in a manner consistent with the highest ethical standards.
We seek to support grantee organizations that embody these beliefs and values.
Vision: We envision communities that are enriched by the positive contributions of each of its members.
Founders Statement: Established and endowed by Robin and Jack Lavin in 2005, The Osa Foundation’s work reflects the interests and values of our family. We believe strongly in the power of an individual’s full potential and the positive ripple effect such potential can have in communities. We created the Osa Foundation to provide support to those institutions, organizations and programs that share this belief.
We believe that subsequent Osa Foundation leaders will be most impactful and relevant when pursuing philanthropic ideas of personal importance. Accordingly, we encourage Osa’s future leaders to identify and follow their charitable passions within the framework of our founding values and mission.
Investment Philosophy: We are committed to investing our endowment resources in opportunities that reflect the mission of our grant making activities. We are actively working with forward thinking advisors, thought partners and social entrepreneurs to invest a significant portion of our corpus in investments that will yield mission aligned social outcomes while maintaining the fiscal strength of the foundation.